Home > Answers > Read Answer


My family used to live at City A, however I work at City B. By Family I mean only my parents before my marriage and after marriage it included parents, wife and children. But now I have shifted my wife and children to City B as well. I don’t have any definite intention of relocation from City B yet. However, I still maintain relation with City A as follows: 1. I still retain some of my belongings and living place there. 2. My parents are still residing at that place. 3. My wives parents live there. Can I make both cites as my watan-e-asliy?

الجواب حامداومصليا
One may choose to have more than one Watan-e Asli (permanent places of residents). However, bغ default Watan-a Asli is that home in which a person lives with his wife and children and not the one in which one's parents may reside unless one owns some property or land there.
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Ikram ul Haq
Darul Ifta of Rhode Island
23 Jumada-al Thani 1431/ June 04 2010
ويبطل الوطن الاصلى بالوطن الاصلى اذاانتقل عن الاول بأهله وأما اذالم ينتقل بأهله ولكنه استحدث أهلا ببلدة اخرى فلا يبطل وطنه الاول ويتم فيها
(الفتاوى الهندية ص157ج1)ا