Home > Answers > Read Answer

Answer


I was given a chocolate by my aunt and I simply opened the wrapper and took a bite of it. But the moment I bit it I found some liquid coming out of the chocolate and it was of a very bitter taste,its colour was golden and I assume it was either rum or or alcohol or something of this sort. So I threw the chocolate off my mouth and drank water. Though I am not sure if it was alcohol yet I am scared of it being so. Will i be sinful of consuming such thing even if I was unaware of what it actuly was. JAzak Allah

الجواب حامداومصليا
You did the right thing by immediately spitting it away once you realized that the liquid may be Haram substance.
You are not sinful for having taken a bite from that chocolate but next time you should be very careful and perhaps check the ingredients of an item before consuming it.
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Ikram ul Haq
Fatwa Center of America