Home > Answers > Read Answer


Assalamalaikum. My uncle died at da age of 33.he use to pray in his last days but before that im afraid he didnt pray,can i pray his qada prayers? N how to do the calculation of the missed prayers if i dunno exactly how many prayers he might have missed?

الجواب حامداومصليا
If your deceased uncle died while leaving missed Fadh prayers, then you should give Fidya on his behalf for each missed Salah.
You can not offer prayers on his behalf. Offering prayers on his behalf will not absolve him of accountability.
You may make a rough calculation of missed prayers and pay Fidya accordingly.
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Ikram ul Haq
Fatwa Center of America