Home > Answers > Read Answer


ASALAMUALAIKUM HI THERE IM MUHAMMAD ARSHAD BIN TAQIUDDIN FROM PENANG MALAYSIA, I HAVE AN QUESTION ,PLE HELP N REPLY ASAP THX MY QUESTION IS MY GRANDFATHER AGE (67) suddenly passed away 1 week back but unfortunately he dont pray his saalah but alhamdulliah he gives zakat n he is a good man so what can i do now for him can i give FIDYAH or something so that he wont be punished hereafter thx pls do reply asap YOUR FAITHFUL MUHAMMAD ARAHSD BIN TAQIUDDIN

الجواب حامداومصليا
First of all, I would like to console you and make Duaa to Allah that He may forgive your grandfather and have mercy on his soul. May Allah admit in Jannat-ul Firdous.
The most important thing that you can do for your grandfather is make Duaa and make Isaal-e Thawab by making good deeds on his behalf.
You can certainly give Sadaqah on his behalf and donate the reward to his soul.
You should make an estimate of Fardh prayers that he missed during his life and then pay Fidya on his behalf.
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Ikram ul Haq
Fatwa Center of America