Home > Answers > Read Answer


if someone has got engaged in illegal physical relationship and wants to do tauba now, hat should he do? plus, should he go to the court in order to receive his punishment that is right for such act in the light of islam or should he keep his sins to himself?

الجواب حامداومصليا
If someone has committed the sin of Zina (fornication) then he must repent to Allah and seek forgiveness. One must seek forgiveness from Allah sincerely as Allah alone accepts repentance and forgives.
Once you have sincerely repented to Allah and asked for forgiveness and amended your discourse of life then there is no reason to not be hopeful with the mercy of Allah.
It is not necessary that you seek repentance from the court.
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Ikram ul Haq
Fatwa Center of America